I feel like Aromatherapy was popular in the 80’s, went into decline in the 90’s, and is now all of a sudden making a resurgence under its new guise ‘Essential Oil Therapy’. But the plant extracts (and their infinite intelligence) have always been there. It’s like Creating Your Own Home Medicine Chest has just become awesomely trendy.
My absolute top oils I couldn’t live without include Frankincense, Lavender, Wild Orange, Peppermint, Bergamot, Lemon and Tea Tree. Some of my favorite brands include Doterra (US & Int), Forever Living (US & Int.) and Young Living (US & Int.).
10 ESSENTIAL OILS YOU NEED TO HAVE ON HAND
Here are some of the most commonly used essential oils and how you can use them to take care of yourself and your family naturally.
Peppermint is popular in countless forms—from toothpaste to chewing gum. As an essential oil, it is useful to ease breathing and as a digestive aid.
- Promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing*
- Promotes digestive health*
- Repels bugs naturall
- Alleviates occasional stomach upset
- Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral health
Perhaps the most precious of the ancient oils, Frankincense is highly sought after by modern consumers for its many uses—including relaxation, immune support, and mood enhancement.
Often called the “king of oils, ” Frankincense promotes feelings of peace and overall wellness when used aromatically, while topical and internal uses provide modern health benefits.
Helps build and maintain a healthy immune system
- Promotes cellular health
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and rejuvenates skin
- Supports healthy immune system function
- Promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall wellness
Protective Blend is a unique, proprietary blend formulated to support healthy immune function. Orange essential oil, combined with clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary offer a fragrant, natural and effective alternative to synthetic options for immune support. Protective Blend, with its unique aroma, is one of our most versatile blends. It is also safe to use on countertops, as a non-toxic way to cleanse surfaces, or to clear the atmosphere by diffusing. Protective Blend is superb for protecting against environmental and seasonal threats.
- Supports healthy immune function
- Protects against environmental threats
- Cleans surfaces
- Purifies the skin while promoting healthy circulation
- Energizing, uplifting aroma
Recognized by its more common name, ‘tea tree’, melaleuca has been revered for its cleansing and regenerative properties, especially for the skin. It has over 92 compounds and limitless applications.
- Renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effects on the skin
- Promotes healthy immune function
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
Respiratory issues are prevalent in modern society. Essential oils are a perfect way to ease breathing consistently for a sustained benefit. Respiratory Blend is a remarkable blend of essential oils that help you breathe easier. A proprietary blend including Laurel Leaf, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Melaleuca, Lemon, Ravensara, and Cardamom cleanses and soothes the airways, and can easily be applied topically to the chest, back, or bottom of feet. Its pleasant aroma is calming to the senses and perfect for nighttime diffusion allowing for restful sleep.
- Maintains clear airways and breathing
- Supports overall respiratory health
- Helps minimize the effects of seasonal threats
Lavender, our most popular oil, has been cherished for its unmistakable aroma and myriad benefits for thousands of years. Lavender is widely used and acknowledged for its calming and relaxing qualities
- Widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities
- Soothes occasional skin irritations
- Helps skin recover quickly
- Eases muscle tension
This essential oil powerhouse is cold pressed from lemon rinds to preserve its delicate nature and potent properties. Lemon is known as a powerful aromatic, topical, and internal cleanser and can be used to complement many other oils. Diffusing lemon in a room can cleanse the air and uplift mood. It can also be used on surfaces throughout the home as a non-toxic cleaning booster.
- Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
- Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion
- Supports healthy respiratory function
- Promotes a positive mood and cognitive ability
- Helps ward off free radicals with its antioxidant benefits
Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional healthy practices for its cleansing and immune-boosting properties. High in antioxidant activity, oregano contains phenolic acids and flavonoids.
- Used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Provides immune-enhancing benefits
- Supports healthy digestion and respiratory function
- Excellent source of antioxidants
Many essential oils have been recognized through research as powerful agents to help restore normal balance in the digestive system. Digestive Blend is a blend of Ginger, Peppermint, Tarragon, Fennel, Caraway, Coriander, and Anise which each have specific attributes which add to the overall efficacy of this potent blend. When used internally, Digestive Blend brings soothing digestive relief.
- Aids in the digestion of foods
- Soothes occasional stomach upset
- Supports a healthy gastrointestinal tract
Soothing Blend is the solution to this challenge. Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Blue Tansy, German Chamomile, Helichrysum, and Osmanthus work together to ease achy joints and sore muscles. Its effects on both the mind and body are deep and penetrating with sustained results. Once gently rubbed into the area of discomfort, Soothing Blend’s cooling effect can be felt almost immediately.
- Soothes sore muscles and achy joints
- Supports healthy circulation
SPECIFIC OILS FOR COMMON NEEDS
We all have specific needs. Here are some of the most common needs I come across and some of my favorite essential oils to use for each need.
SUPPORT RESTFUL SLEEP
- Serenity®: Calming Blend
- Roman Chamomile
SUPPORT RESIRTATORY FUNCTION
- Breathe®: Respiratory Blend
SUPPORT DIGESTIVE FUNCTION
- DigestZen®: Digestive Blend
SUPPORT EMOTIONS & MOOD
- Citrus Oils (Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, etc.)
- Elevation: Joyful Blend
- Citrus Bliss®: Invigorating Blend
- Serenity®: Calming Blend
- Balance®: Grounding Blend
SUPPORT CARTILADGE & JOINT FUNCTION
- Deep Blue®: Soothing Blend
MAINTAIN HEALTHY IMMUNE SYSTEM
- On Guard®: Protective Blend
PROMOTE ENERGY & FOCUS
- Orange or Lime
- InTune®: Focus Blend
- Citrus Bliss®: Invigorating Blend
MAINTAIN HORMONAL BALANCE
- ClaryCalm®: Women’s Monthly Blend
- Clary Sage
- Whisper®: Blend for Women
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH OILS
dōTERRA is sold exclusively through independent distributers (just like me). These distributers are called Wellness Advocates. We work from home and help to bring essential oils into people’s lives (just like you) through person-to-person contact and on the good ‘ole worldwide web. We not only help you get started, but we will help to educate you on how to use your essential oils and other products and will be by your side every step of the way. We are like your personal essential oil concierge.
The most popular way to buy is by getting your very own wholesale account and by starting with one of our starter kits (scroll down). This gets you the biggest bang for your buck! Lots of savings and lots of perks.
BENEFITS OF A WHOLESALE STARTER KIT:
- $35 membership fee waived with your starter kit getting your 25% off all products for one year (just like COSTCO®! or SAM’s Club®)!
- Bigger savings just by getting a kit!
- Take the guess work out of choosing what to get!
- Get the most popular oils & products!
- Join my team’s Facebook support group’s to get all your questions answered!
- Get free gifts from me (see below)!
HOW TO SIGN UP AS A WHOLESALE MEMBER:
- Simply start at the embedded box below or go to my dōTERRA store here
- Select your country and hit continue
- Select WHOLESALE PRICES and hit continue
- Enter in your information and hit continue. The “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” should already be filled in for you, but if not enter 821643 in both boxes and my name “OLGA ESAU” should come up.
- Select the STARTER KIT.
- Enter in your payment info and hit “PROCESS ORDER NOW AND CONTINUE.”